PMI Heads to Las Vegas for RealWorld 2012 – The Annual RealPage User Conference
One of my favorite industry events to attend is RealWorld, the annual RealPage user conference that will take place in Las Vegas July 22-24. I’m not just saying that because RealPage pays my bills and my boss reads the blog. It really is one of the premier multifamily industry events, in my opinion.
Property Management Insider will be on site to report the latest industry and technology trends. We’ll be sitting in on several of the more than 40 educational sessions, wandering the Hall of Solutions to watch live product demos, and chatting with some of the more than 1,000 attendees. With that many industry professionals and experts assembled in one place, we’re bound to come away with a jackpot of information to share.
Shameless Plug: It’s not too late to make plans to attend RealWorld next week. Online registration for RealWorld ends Friday, July 20, at 4:00 P.M. Central, but you’re welcome to register on site.
Here are some of the highlights we’re looking forward to:
- The keynote presentation from RealPage CEO, Steve Winn. Always insightful and entertaining, Mr. Winn is sure to reveal several golden nuggets of information.
- Attending educational sessions covering topics such as apartment marketing & leasing, operations, expense management, revenue management, affordable housing, risk mitigation, and much more.
- PMI regulars Greg Willett and Jay Parsons will present a live version of their Apartment Market Dynamics video series, sharing the latest apartment market information from MPF Research.
- Special guest speaker Steven Wiley, one of the premier speakers on the subject of leadership, will use the Battle of Gettysburg as a metaphor for modern-day challenges in rapidly changing, stressful times.
- Idea Exchange Lunch. Talk about a gold mine of knowledge, the Tuesday lunch will feature a variety of table topics for discussion by attendees. You can bet our digital recorders will have fresh batteries so we don’t miss a thing.
- And speaking of shameless plugs, I’m giving a presentation called The Top Secret Apartment Marketing Weapon: Your Maintenance Team. Based on the PMI article I wrote with the same name, I’ve assembled a panel of industry folks who all think that service professionals are far more valuable than simply performing maintenance tasks.
I hope you’ll stay tuned to Property Management Insider for RealWorld updates and related articles. If you can’t make the trip, check in with PMI as well as the RealWorld blog during and after the conference. We’ll offer a little glitter and neon of our own with session highlights, photos, and interviews. And if you are attending, I would love to meet you.
I guess you could say that what happens in Vegas shouldn’t always stay in Vegas when it comes to RealWorld.
Are you attending RealWorld? What are you looking forward to the most?